Recently, we have been discussing social marketing strategies and I have been seeing a lot of commercials and campaigns for the organization Stand Up To Cancer.
They are an organization that focuses on raising donations for collaborative cancer research. Many celebrities and music artists are affiliated with this association, and they have even put on benefit concerts to raise money and cancer awareness. SU2C publishes their own magazine with survivor stories, health information, and support for patients dealing with cancer. SU2C and MLB have also teamed up to provide help and donations to the organization. I felt this was a positive way to use the tools of social marketing and media outlets to get a message out and reach out to a great cause. I also thought it was cool that 100% of donations go directly to cancer research, the organization is not trying to make a profit for themselves, they just want to help change lives.
Stand Up To Cancer Website --- check out the site! There are some really cool bloggs and stories of cancer survivors and some of the ways they are helping to educate about cancer in other countries.
No comments:
Post a Comment